cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from a blackberry to an iphone mid contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I still have 8 months left on my contract with my blackberry. I would like an iphone 4 but do not want to buy out the remaining months of my contract. My friend is going to give me her old iphone 4. Will I be able to use it? I know I need to ask o2 for a micro sim and change the data but I was speaking to an o2 advisor on the phone and they said my only option was to buy out my remaining contract with the blackberry and then open a new one with an iphone. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ivanped,

You should contact O2 Customer Services. You should also really start your own discussion on these forums rather than ask a question in someone else's discussion.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi

I still have 8 months left on my contract with my blackberry. I would like an iphone 4 but do not want to buy out the remaining months of my contract. My friend is going to give me her old iphone 4. Will I be able to use it? I know I need to ask o2 for a micro sim and change the data but I was speaking to an o2 advisor on the phone and they said my only option was to buy out my remaining contract with the blackberry and then open a new one with an iphone. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

The advisor is wrong, there is nothing stopping you from using a different handset. You may need a new sim and your data bolton changed but your contract will work fine in another handset.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rycal wrote:
The advisor is wrong, there is nothing stopping you from using a different handset. You may need a new sim and your data bolton changed but your contract will work fine in another handset.

This ^^^^^^^

I can only assume the advisor, for some reason, assumed you were talking about getting a new iPhone4 in which case you would need to buy out the remainder of yoru contract

Message 3 of 9

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rycal wrote:

This ^^^^^^^

I can only assume the advisor, for some reason, assumed you were talking about getting a new iPhone4 in which case you would need to buy out the remainder of yoru contract

Or they were on commission.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an old established mobile phone customer of O2 who ordered an iPhone 4 upgrade online 5 days ago. The upgrade order went through all right but I still have not been told that the phone is on its way to me. Who should I contact to find out when I should expect it?

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ivanped,

You should contact O2 Customer Services. You should also really start your own discussion on these forums rather than ask a question in someone else's discussion.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you but I thought I saw a similar topic to mine. It was all done courteously and I have already had a helpful reply.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for all your help everyone slight_smile Just wondering, do I need to go in the store to change my data/tarrif to an iphone one instead of blackberry or can I do it  online or on the phone?

Thanks again 

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry JenL, I've only just noticed your reply!

You should be able to call Customer Services and they can change your tarrif to an iPhone one. I wouldnt rely on the Online Chat option to do it correctly, if at all! wink

Message 9 of 9