Did you mean: 

Changing from O2 Refresh to Pay Monthly SIM only

Damon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello there,

I'm currently an O2 Refresh customer, but the Device Plan was paid off around two years ago so I'm currently only paying Airtime. My current phone is an iPhone 6s.

I have been given an unlocked iPhone 11 but have not put my current SIM in it yet. I notice that some O2 SIM Only deals offer better allowances than my current O2 Refresh airtime contract.

Now that my Device Plan is paid off, can anyone advise how I would go about switching from my current Refresh plan to a SIM Only contract, keeping my number?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Damon 

Go to My O2 and choose UPGRADE to sim only. This will end your current airtime contract and you will be able to chose from a 30 day, 12 or 18th month sim only contract.

upgrade sim only.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Choose the upgrade option in My O2 and then scroll to sim only plans. Select the sim of your choice

sim only.PNG

Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Damon 

Go to My O2 and choose UPGRADE to sim only. This will end your current airtime contract and you will be able to chose from a 30 day, 12 or 18th month sim only contract.

upgrade sim only.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

O2William
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hi @Damon

you have a couple options to upgrade your sim tariff.

firstly you have the option to upgrade through My-O2 on our app or online. this is where you can login to your account and make relevant changes such as your tariff or contract. (you use the same login credentials to get on O2 community.)

Secondly you can upgrade through our customer service team who you can talk to about your needs and they will be more than happy to help you choose the right plan for you.

you can call
202 on your o2 device
0344 809 0202 from your landline

And finally you can pop in store (if its possible and safe for you) and one of our colleagues will help you choose a plan for your needs.

another note, as you are upgrading you won't need a new sim and your sim will fit in your Iphone 11.

Hope this helps
will
Message 4 of 7

Damon
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't believe it was staring me in the face all along, sorry for about that! But your help has found me a SIM Only deal that gives me twice as much data at a saving of around £8, so thanks for the prompt responses. I have received an email confirming the new tariff, but my MyO2 page and app both still display my old airtime/device split Refresh plan. Does it just take a bit of time for the system to update, or will the new deal take effect after my next billing date?

Sorry for all the questions, but your help is very much appreciated.

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Damon 

At the weekend the tariff will take a little time to update. My O2 has been suffering a bit of a go slow of late.

If not updated by Monday, give O2 a call on any of the numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Or if near a store, check everything with them.

Best of luck and pleased it's sorted. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions