cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing account name

Anonymous
Not applicable

My daughters phone and contract is under my name from years ago, however it is her phone and she pays the bills. Her upgrade is not due until end of september 2017, however she needs to get it repaired but cannot do this through her bank as it is under my name. Please can someone advise if it is at all possible to transfer the contract in her name? 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sounds good slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 15

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Can also chime in with some personal experience on this one - I've a similar bank account, and have made numerous claims on the packaged mobile phone insurance over the years. Never had to prove ownership of the phone/contract to claim (although, for the avoidance of doubt, I've only ever made genuine, eligible claims obviously, haha!) - my own accounts have been with RBS Group (both RBS and Natwest) and the entire insurance registration and claim process is carried out online via an automated portal, administered by Aviva/CPW on behalf of the bank. slight_smile 

Previously had similar cover via another bank, Barclays, and whilst this was perhaps before automated online claims processes were commonplace I recall making a claim over the phone with no issues. 

Think I've only ever been asked to confirm the IMEI, MPN and my personal details in order to make a claim. And of course details of the incident I'm claiming for.

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 12 of 15

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Thanks for that @Wa10 and good to see that my last employers have a good claims service.  My phone was stolen NYE but the hoops I have to jump through here to get any sort of claim accepted either with RBS or Nationwide are ridiculous. Police reports in Thai, getting them translated, authenticated and actioned, 18 day one way post....I gave up to be honest and just wrote it off. Not slept since mind you slight_frown

Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have the same account as you via Nationwide @jonsie. Fortunately (for insurance purposes) I don't live in Thailand like your good self....:smileytongue:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I went as far as phoning them and downloading and filling in the claim form, apparently you can't email it, but I had to have a police report which entailed a three hour wait in the Pattaya station where taking money off felangs takes priority, and then paying £30ish to get it translated into English because the banks insurance underwriters don't have language translators for claims, I just really could not be bothered. My loss and the underwriters gain.

Message 15 of 15