cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing account holder's name

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

My pay monthly account is under my day's name because my credit rating was too low 2 years ago. I've changed the payments settings shortly after so that I am the one paying for it now. However I'm due for an upgrade and was wondering what the process would be to change the name?

If I go in store to upgrade, will I have to bring my dad with me?

Thanks for advance!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
The answer is that its not as simple as changing the name over.
You'd have to take an account out in your own name, then get your dad to call and cancel his account, releasing the number to you.

You both have to be there for the telephone call to customer services, but you can set your own contract up yourself.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You would need to take your dad with you as he is the one that has to change the name

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup only the account holder can upgrade or change details.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
The answer is that its not as simple as changing the name over.
You'd have to take an account out in your own name, then get your dad to call and cancel his account, releasing the number to you.

You both have to be there for the telephone call to customer services, but you can set your own contract up yourself.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've done what Pablo said! Took out a new contract and called up 202 to ask them to change the number over to the new account that's under my name and it will be completed by tomorrow morning slight_smile
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 6 of 6