cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing account details

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I am wanting to finish my contract on my phone now so that I can get a newer phone but I want to pay the amount instead of my parents. But I am not sure how to change my O2 account so that its my details instead of my parents?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You can't change the name.
You must take your own new contract in your own name and your parents must cancel the current one.
Ask them for authority to keep your number first if you wish and CS can transfer it to your new contract for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You can't change the name.
You must take your own new contract in your own name and your parents must cancel the current one.
Ask them for authority to keep your number first if you wish and CS can transfer it to your new contract for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2