Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing account but not number

BethBirley
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I had a BlackBerry keyone that I purchased at car phone warehouse 2 years ago and has now died . I went to get an upgrade but could not remember my light in details so had to make new account but despite my working this out with chat support at 02 yesterday they cannot move my details across not can I do a switch as my old phone is now just a black screen. I am a vulnerable adult and getting zilcho support from 02
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@BethBirley I'm not sure if this will help, but it's worth taking a look at: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Only other suggestion is to try customer service again in the hope that you get a more sympathetic rep on the call. Not knowing your old log-in details doesn't help matters, but there must be other security questions they can ask to verify who you are. 0800 587 4005 seems to be the best of the numbers in the link below.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@BethBirley I'm not sure if this will help, but it's worth taking a look at: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Only other suggestion is to try customer service again in the hope that you get a more sympathetic rep on the call. Not knowing your old log-in details doesn't help matters, but there must be other security questions they can ask to verify who you are. 0800 587 4005 seems to be the best of the numbers in the link below.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @BethBirley just checking on you. Did you manage to resolve this issue or do you still need assistance with this?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3