Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Tariff

Colette
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, could you help me with something please?

I have just changed my sons tarriff from one plan to another.

He was on a sim only 10gb per month, unlimited calls, unlimited texts. £13 odd per month. 

I've changed it to sim only everything unlimited, 12 month contract, £35 a month.

Does this new tariff simply replace the old one? I am worried I will somehow have to pay for the old one because I made this change before the contract ended. The old tariff was until sometime in 2021. 

Do you only carry on costs from old tariffs if you have charges to pay for the device you have bought?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Colette 

The new tariff just replaces the old one, so don't worry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Colette
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!! ♡

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you changed tariff then the new tariff will start almost immediately. It replaces the old tariff so you won't get 2 bills. The next bill will show an adustment for the new tariff up to the normal bill date which won't change.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5