Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Changing Tariff

Hello, could you help me with something please?

I have just changed my sons tarriff from one plan to another.

He was on a sim only 10gb per month, unlimited calls, unlimited texts. £13 odd per month. 

I've changed it to sim only everything unlimited, 12 month contract, £35 a month.

Does this new tariff simply replace the old one? I am worried I will somehow have to pay for the old one because I made this change before the contract ended. The old tariff was until sometime in 2021. 

Do you only carry on costs from old tariffs if you have charges to pay for the device you have bought?

Highlighted
Topics: 550
Solutions: 13,031

Re: Changing Tariff

@Colette 

The new tariff just replaces the old one, so don't worry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Thank you!! ♡

Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,850

If you changed tariff then the new tariff will start almost immediately. It replaces the old tariff so you won't get 2 bills. The next bill will show an adustment for the new tariff up to the normal bill date which won't change.

Highlighted
Topics: 550
Solutions: 13,031

You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)