Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Sim

Ciara
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi can someone please help me, my granny is on 02 but unfortunately can't remember any of her 02 details, she is due an upgrade but wants to keep the same phone as she finds it difficult to learn, her internet keeps running out as we are using video calls to keep in contact and she wants to change to a better tariff so she can video call and stream her mass! Does anyone know if bought a pay monthly sim with more data how I can swap that to her current contract and keep the same number so we aren't paying extra ?? Or what can we do? Any advice will help! Tried ringing 02 but no help! My granny doesnt like to give bank details and cant remember her 02 answers. Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Ciara 

No choice but to call to reset her security details.

You can then upgrade or change her tariff Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Ciara
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, we tried that but she doesnt remember her security answers and she doesn't want to give her bank details so trying to find another way, if I bought another sim with more data if I could swap it for her? Or if there was a number to ring update her tariff??
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Ciara 

You could get another SIM with more data but she would have to use the new nber on it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

Ciara
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would we have to cancel her contract then? Or how would that work?
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144188 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Ciara 

Yes, you can cancel it by text Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Ciara
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks you, I'll look in to it. We spent ages yesterday trying to change her tariff would have been alot easier but couldn't do it through my 02 and when we rang 02 they were no help! I know with 02 pay as you go there is a number to change but different on pay monthly
Message 7 of 7