cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Sim/Number on a Pay Monthly Contract (A bit complicated)

Anonymous
Not applicable

In January 2012 I took out a 24 month contract with O2 on an iPhone 3gs for my wife.  She decided that the tariff was not enough for her usage so took the O2 sim out and replaced it with an 18 month T Mobile sim.  She decided not to to keep the O2 mobile number and so took on the phone number that came with the T Mobile sim.The O2 sim was put in a drawer.

In December 2012 the O2 sim was given to my mother in law, she decided that she wanted to keep her existing number and so O2 were called and this was arranged.

In April 2013 my wife's 18 month contract is up and she has decided that she will go back to using the original O2 sim that came with the iPhone until the contract ends in December when I will end the contract and she can either get a PAYG sim or change the phone, my mother in law is quite happy to give the O2 sim back to us.

So here is the dilemma:

My mother in law wants to carry on using her current mobile phone number with her new sim, my wife wants to carry on using her current phone number when she reverts back to the O2 sim (she has a PAC from T Mobile).

Can all this be done and is it me who will have to contact O2 and sort it all out or will my mother in law also have to contact O2 in order to get a PAC?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bit complicated and in short; no, not really.

Easiest thing to do is let your mother in law carry on with that as normal, take out a new contract for your wife.

Come December your mother in law can upgrade that into her own name.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bit complicated and in short; no, not really.

Easiest thing to do is let your mother in law carry on with that as normal, take out a new contract for your wife.

Come December your mother in law can upgrade that into her own name.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose my wife could take the O2 sim back from the mother in law and keep the mother in law's number and the mother in law could get a new number?

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah, that would be simple. It just depends if she is okay with that wink
Message 4 of 4