cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an iPhone that I now want to use on Pay and Go, I got a new micron sim from an O2 shop, but I have since noticed that it says on the front of the packet "Pay monthly and Business" does this mean I cannot transfer my Pay and Go number to the micron Sim? Can someone advise me on this please as I need to use the phone urgently. Many thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

like everybody said u need a new pay and go sim as that one sound like it's pay monthly.

The store can just swap them and put the swap trough or u can do it yourself by txt "swap" to 20220 from your old sim and then just follow the instructions or swapmysim/o2.co.uk . You need to have old sim available to receive sms on both. If u can't the cust serv, 4445 can do the swap for you.

And don't forget to back up your contacts/data from old phone/SIM, once the old sim is disconnected you will loose it all.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need the correct sim for they account type, so you need a specific PAYG sim card.
They hold different info, so whilst the sim will work the data and SMS settings will be wrong and they will install everytime you switch on the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's another trip to the O2 shop I'm afraid. They will just swap it out for you.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

The shop can also perform the sim swap for you to move your tariff,credit and mobile number across to the account specific SIM card.

Or a sim can be ordered here https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/ which allowing for the weekend will come in a few days time.

The sim swap can take from a few minutes up to approx 24 hours to settle. Turn airplane mode on and off every 30 minutes or so to help with re connection.

Sim swap link if you prefer to do this at home is http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk once you have the correct SIM card type.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

like everybody said u need a new pay and go sim as that one sound like it's pay monthly.

The store can just swap them and put the swap trough or u can do it yourself by txt "swap" to 20220 from your old sim and then just follow the instructions or swapmysim/o2.co.uk . You need to have old sim available to receive sms on both. If u can't the cust serv, 4445 can do the swap for you.

And don't forget to back up your contacts/data from old phone/SIM, once the old sim is disconnected you will loose it all.

Message 5 of 5