cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing/Restricting times for receiving SMS messages from O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way to prevent messages being sent at unsociable hours without cancelling them completely?

Getting a bit fed up with receiving my bill information in the early hours of the morning. This time it was around 5am on Sunday morning but it has been even earlier on other occassions. Switching off or to silent at night isn't an option as I need to be able to hear it for emergencies.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They are all automated and sent out in batches so it would be impossible to get them timed. Your only choice really is to opt out of receiving them.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know for definate, but I'm gonna guess the answer is no, as it is probably just that the messages are pushed out in batches, and you either have them coming through whenevever the computer pushes them out, or or you don't have them at all.

Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They are all automated and sent out in batches so it would be impossible to get them timed. Your only choice really is to opt out of receiving them.

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I find the timing quite inconsiderate ! Not with my contract phone as I don't get them....but my husband has a PAYG phone. He never hears them...and I do....usually about 5am. Thing is when you get a text at that hour you have to look at it as you never know who it's from...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

... might be your bit on the side! slight_smile

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

... might be your bit on the side! slight_smile

I always worry it could be one of my sons....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My bank always sends alerts around 5am but I tend to ignore them. If someone needs me they will call.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Set your sms notifications to off when you go to bed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8