Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Payment Due Date

Robyn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Okay, so I have recently taken out a refresh contract with O2 meaning my airtime and device payments are seperate, when setting up my contract i was given a first payment date of 17th now this doesnt suit me as i dont get paid until 27th and i was advised to change it after the first payment, i tried to do this today and was told i will get pro rata which is fine about £4 on my air time and told they dont do pro rata on device so i was expected to pay £38 ontop of £38 then the £40 odd for air time. Tell me how you cant do pro rata on a device ? So what now im stuck with an inconvenient payment due date all because i refuse to pay double when ive literally created a difference of 10 days ! Now im stuck regardless cos im gonna be skint or miss a payment
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Robyn 

The device payment is basically a loan and is setup differently to your airtime. Making double payments is the only way to push the date back as basically you need that to be in credit to move it beyond the regular payment date. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Robyn 

The device payment is basically a loan and is setup differently to your airtime. Making double payments is the only way to push the date back as basically you need that to be in credit to move it beyond the regular payment date. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately the loan part of the Refresh date is fairly inflexible and changing your payment date wil mean inconvenient financial drawbacks. At least the adviser explained to you fully. Some customers switch date and get unexpected financial penalties.

Message 3 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10667 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Robyn 

It is a pity that all that wasn't explained at the outset. There should be a pre order page giving the information.  Obviously then you could have made it happen differently perhaps.

The only thing I can say is do not miss a payment o2 have strict rules there and your credit rating could be affected. 

Thinking pragmatically it would be cheaper to try and get into step with the original contract. Prime the pump and move on.

Many people have DDs going out at all different times. 

Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Actually it would have been explained at the outset. CS go to great pains to explain the terms and conditions of all contracts, (including Refresh) if ordering over the phone or in a shop.

If online then the terms and conditions have to be read and accepted before O2 will process your order.

We also have a community guide here Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Actually it would have been explained at the outset. CS go to great pains to explain the terms and conditions of all contracts, (including Refresh) if ordering over the phone or in a shop.

If online then the terms and conditions have to be read and accepted before O2 will process your order.

We also have a community guide here Guide: How does O2 Refresh work? 

I agree. There is plenty of information available and a little research before agreeing to any contract does help. The double payment wouldn't be taken at the same time. One would be on the 17th and the other on the new date.

Message 6 of 7

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good to hear that information would have been available, there does seem to be plenty to read and of course ask CS
Thanks for the clarity @Cleoriff and @jonsie
Message 7 of 7