cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Mobile Number

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello
I would like to change my mobile number on my contract to a gold number from a PAYG sim number I'm thinking of buying online.

Is this thread solution still valid?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Changing-number/m-p/495956/highlight/true#M4843...

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah heard of them and as long as it's a standard uk mobile number there is no restrictions.
The only problem you may have is trying to get the PAC out of Lebara as some of the mvno's can be awkward.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it's still valid but what it doesn't mention is that you need at least one £10 top up on the PAYG sim before you can transfer the number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the rapid reply MI5

Forgot to mention if there is any network restrictions, the number is on Lebara Network, never heard of them?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah heard of them and as long as it's a standard uk mobile number there is no restrictions.
The only problem you may have is trying to get the PAC out of Lebara as some of the mvno's can be awkward.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you kindly Sir!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No worries and good luck mate.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6