cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed my Mind and refused delivery. How long for update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

8/12/14 As i was upgrading my daughters phone to the shiny new IPhone 6, i thought i might as well upgrade my HTC "Go Android!" Desire X for a nice new HTC One M8. Anyway woke up the next day and thought , nah my phones fine. Ill call and cancel. The phone had already been dispatched (Elfs working late at night i suspect), so they just said don't worry just refuse delivery.

I refused delivery and the guy was fine.

I then used the chat link a day or so later, they see that i refused delivery and once the phone gets back they will sort it all out and everything will be dandy.

ITs now 10 days later and my account online still shows that the order was complete. 

One more online chat yesterday and the phone hasn't arrived back yet??!! I tried to explain that i didnt send it back , that i refused delivery and the only response was , it will be sorted when the phone gets back.

Question 1. Surely its not my problem if the phone gets back to them or not?

Question 2. Is the driver enjoying his new HTC M8?

Question 3. What if after 14 days , the phone still isnt back , have i lost my right to cancel by a techincality?

So many question's, maybe some answers from you good folk. BTW Merry Christmas

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thank you for your advice, the nice lady came back after a while and the delivery company have it in their warehouse and will return it tomorrow. As good customer service, she marked the phone now as Returned on her system and it should filter through to my account.

Thanks once again. Hope this helps anyone who has similar problems in the future. Thank you Mi5 and Bandofbrothers.

FAMILIA MEA VITA

Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Really pleased it worked out for you...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You're welcome mate - Merry Christmas slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest is sound advice. I would refuse delivery again in the same situattion.

I didnt worry that it had gone missing (To be honest what stops a delivery driver just not delivering anything?, mainly trust and they get a name and a signature from the person who takes delivery) and of course it was an upgrade so it had to have my SIM in it to cost me any money. 

Also if for some strange reason they said it had been delivered then thats another complaint all together.

Thank again :Bouncy

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well thank you for your advice, the nice lady came back after a while and the delivery company have it in their warehouse and will return it tomorrow. As good customer service, she marked the phone now as Returned on her system and it should filter through to my account.

Thanks once again. Hope this helps anyone who has similar problems in the future. Thank you Mi5 and Bandofbrothers.

FAMILIA MEA VITA

Awesome result. 

Like your signature by the way 😉

Message 15 of 15