cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed from Pay monthly to PAYG via the chat and...

Anonymous
Not applicable

passed on my new address which was different from the one O2 had on their files and guess what? According to their website my new PAYG sim is being delivered to my old address!!

Now i seriously doubt that they will really do what they said they would - take my last bill on the 6th of march and then me not having to worry about the contract anymore! and just using pay as you go on a text and web tariff (and according to the website for the sim order they ordered me the pay as you go go go sim...geez).

Seriously, I am pretty frustrated! Why asking for my new address if you are just going to use the old one! And there's no one i know living in my old address anymore so god knows what might happen once the sim arrives there! and the reason why i wanted it was because i wanted to keep the number i've had since 2007...anyway this can be fixed?

thanks!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's not very good. I usually avoid phone shops cause I always get that feeling - like when there's a few people standing round talking it can feel quite intimidating.

Over the phone, the recontracting team can sometimes be quite busy. Your best bet is just to get through to normal Customer Services and ask to be transferred to cancellations, this should be quicker.

If you really wanted, I could send out a blank Pay As You Go sim card to you when I'm in tomorrow but the thing is - you'd still need to call O2 to speak to cancellations with regards to moving the contract number over from your Pay Monthly to PAYG and/or activating the PAYG sim.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can pop into an O2 store tomorrow and pick up a Pay As You Go sim card then call up O2 and they will transfer the contract number over to that sim.

Alternatively, if you call Pay monthly CS, they will send you out another PAYG sim but to the correct address.

Chat advisors can sometimes be useless - so sorry about the confusion with the old address today!

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aaah, all i wanted was to avoid calling O2 at all, everytime i call them i end up waiting at least 25 minutes to get my problems sorted, and i did pop in to a branch and they told me that they could not help me even with the cancelation of my contract (which was expired already, and i just wanted to switch it to PAYG and keep my number) so i seriously doubt they will be of any help...it seriously felt like i was bothering them, even though the branch i went to was really quiet, i think there was just another customer in there and still they made no efforts whatsoever to help me! 😞 

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's not very good. I usually avoid phone shops cause I always get that feeling - like when there's a few people standing round talking it can feel quite intimidating.

Over the phone, the recontracting team can sometimes be quite busy. Your best bet is just to get through to normal Customer Services and ask to be transferred to cancellations, this should be quicker.

If you really wanted, I could send out a blank Pay As You Go sim card to you when I'm in tomorrow but the thing is - you'd still need to call O2 to speak to cancellations with regards to moving the contract number over from your Pay Monthly to PAYG and/or activating the PAYG sim.

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help!

During the chat with the online advisor I was told that my contract would be cancelled from a certain date on, and then I would need just to get the sim that was sent to me (to the wrong address) in my phone, do a topup and voila, i was all done! That was the impression that i got from the chat and i remember asking the person who i was chatting to (who was from the cancellation department) if i understood things correctly and she confirmed it! I really thought it was much simpler than it actually is then! I also work really long hours (in CS aswell) and sometimes it's hard to find an excuse to be on my phone trying to sort things out for a long period of time/popping in to a store that isnt exactly close to where i work just to leave 10 minutes afterwards feeling like the customer advisors didn't even make an effort...:(

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well hopefully it was all sorted for you except the address thing.

If you don't get the number transferred over, there is more information and forms on o2.co.uk/keepmynumber and select the appropriate option.

If you want me to send that sim card to you tomorrow then PM me your mobile number and the address it's to go to but as I said, unfortunately I can't go into your account to check anything so we'll cross our fingers the chat guy did it all for you! wink

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am still waiting...i need to admit that it's quite frustrating, never thought it would be so complicated to terminate a contract that is already expired! Aaaaah. No sim cards yet, all were sent to the wrong address (even after i updated my details AND gave the right address to the advisor). Worse of all is that i got all the chats in my email, which is even more frustrating. I understand you guys deal with lots of people everyday, but that's kinda upsetting - i spoke to 3 people already and they all got it wrong! 😞 and unfortunately now i have to pay another month when all i wanted was to sort it out before i had to pay more than i already do....
Message 7 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Opium did offer to send you one out.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

And so did the person i spoke to in the chat...:(

As i spoke to someone on the chat first i didn't take Opium's offer...buuuut.... now i think i really should have!

Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Offer still stands wink
Message 10 of 11