Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed billing address with O2 and bank, now can't pay bill

Voysey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I accidently cancelled my direct debit a couple of years ago, and have just paid my bill every month manually through the myO2 app with the same card, and it's been absolutely fine. Then today, I've had an issue in that it can't process my payment, and the only thing that's changed is my address with my bank and O2. Its said to wait 24 hours before trying again, but I'm stressing about it. Anyone else has this issue? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Voysey 

The app has been having issues. Different ways to pay here Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

You can also reset you direct debit again by contacting customer services Guide: How to find help & contact O2 or by completing this form http://static.o2.co.uk/assets2/pdf/O2_DirectDebitMandate.pdf 

Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I am assuming you've updated your address with O2 and the Bank - address checks can be part of the online payment process. As others have said the app seems to be a bit wobbly at the moment - I make card payments from MyO2 on my laptop - never had issues there. So maybe try that instead of the app if you can't think of another reason for the payment to fail. You also say you cancelled the direct debit some years ago and been using the card ever since - it's not expired has it?

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

O2's preferred method of paying for a contract is via direct debit (see guide above) It causes less problems and ensures payment is made on time.

If people choose to pay via a different method, then it's at their own risk really.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hopefully, if O2 are showing the correct postcode, the system should update at midnight and you can make payment in the morning. Check they have exactly the correct address in My O2.

Message 5 of 5