Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Changed Tariff, Told New Tariff Charged Next Bill...

After having a lot of trouble with 02 last year, I decided to change tariff to simplicity so could leave quicker if any more 'disagreements'... I used the online chat to arrange the change (i have kept transcripts of these),I got them to confirm that my bill generation date was next day and it would be for the new tariff of £21.50 (totally skint after xmas so couldnt afford the £46+). So on this premise i changed my tariff, 2 days later the bill comes through for £46.80 so I chatted online, got told to ring accounts who said they could see the tariff was changed before the billing date so would send it off to be reviewed..not having heard anything I chatted online again today to be told "oh no i have checked carefully and you changed tariff after the bill changed" so I had to ring cs 'again' who tells me that yes they have reviewed and I get a 67p credit!!! When told it was wrong that it should be £21.50 + few mm's she checked and said she could see it was changed on 1st/1st so would send it off for review AGAIN!! I cannot afford to pay them for them to re-credit it next month (if that ever happens) regardless of then offering to pay any bank charges, I need to feed myself and family this month!.. Who can I speak to to get this sorted once and for all
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Changed Tariff, Told New Tariff Charged Next Bill...

If your tariff changed over after the bill was produced then you will automatically be credited back the pro rata amount on your next bill.
Not sure why customer services are attempting to do this manually mid cycle, there is no need, the billing system does it all without any human intervention required.
If you can't afford to pay your old amount, pay what you expected manually and have your account put in a state of 'query' this will stop your DD coming out and prevent any action being taken for what would normally be seen as an underpayment. Come your next bill being produced the credit which will automatically be applied will even things out and you'll be back on track.
Highlighted
Anonymous

My tariff did not change in the middle I changed it on the day before so there would be no pro rata charges.. I have all the chat emails to show this. My bill generation date is 2nd of the month, i changed tariff on 1st. All this was confirmed when i was arranging change of tariff.
Highlighted
Anonymous

This is the transcript from the day I changed tariff, I have underlined the section where I am told I will be charged the new tariff and not pro rata.

General Info

Chat start time
Jan 1, 2012 11:23:42 AM EST

Chat end time
Jan 1, 2012 12:00:21 PM EST

Duration (actual chatting time)
00:36:39

Operator
O2 : Grant

Chat Transcript

info: Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.
info: You're through to O2 : Grant.
O2 : Grant: Hi I'm O2 : Grant. How can I help?
J : Hi,how do i cancel my contract? it ends 31st January.
O2 : Grant: I'm sorry to know that you want to cancel your contract. If you've decided to do that, I'll help you.
O2 : Grant: Please can you tell me the first and third character of the answer to your security question?
J: can i havea clue please?
O2 : Grant: Yes, sure.
O2 : Grant: It's 'Name of first school attended'.
J: a h
O2 : Grant: That's correct.
O2 : Grant: Do you want to keep your phone number?
J: yes
O2 : Grant: Thanks. You want to transfer to another service provider or O2 Pay & Go.
J: not sure yet,I'm not happy about the way o2 have handled problems I've had
O2 : Grant: I'm sorry to know about that.
O2 : Grant: Thanks for the information. Please give me a few minutes while I check this for you.
O2 : Grant: Thanks for waiting.
O2 : Grant: Yes, your contract will complete it's term on 31 January 2012. I'll help you with all the options.
O2 : Grant: We need 30 days notice if you just want to cancel your contract.
O2 : Grant: You'll need the Pay & Go SIM if you want to transfer your phone number to O2 Pay & Go.
O2 : Grant: You need the PAC if you want to transfer and keep your phone number to another provider.
J: I want to cancel contract,i'm considering the simplicity tarif 30 day contract.
O2 : Grant: Okay. You're eligible to upgrade and If you want, I can do that one for you.
J: I do not want to be tied into another contract, I will only have a 30 day one.. can i use my upgrade credit towards that?
O2 : Grant: You can either upgrade to Simplicity 30 or take the upgrade credit offer.
J: ok, just cancel contract please and if i could have a sim for the 30 day simplicity tarif. Thank you
O2 : Grant: There's no need to cancel your contract and just upgrade to Simplicity 30 day contract. This you'll be able to keep your same SIM and also same phone number.
O2 : Grant: If you cancel your contract, you'll need to take a new contract with a new phone number.
J: so i wont be tied into a 12/18/24month contract? sorry just want to double check. Simplicity 30 doesnt use the upgrade credit?
O2 : Grant: Yes, you're correct. You won't be tied to any of the 12/18/24month contract. You can either upgrade to Simplicity 30 day contract or the upgrade credit and tied to a 18 or 24 month contract.
J: This is the tarif I want £21.50 £6.00 £15.50 300 Unlimited 500 O2 to O2 minutes with the 500mb data bolt on
O2 : Grant: Yes, that's the tariff with 300 minutes for the Simplicity 30 day.
J: yes thats the one i want thanks £21.50 a month
O2 : Grant: Okay.
O2 : Grant: You want me to upgrade your contract to Simplicity 30 day contract at £21.50 with 300 minutes, 500 O2 to O2 minutes, unlimited text and 500 mb data with 20 free picture messages.
O2 : Grant: Your tariff will get changed within 24 hours.
O2 : Grant: Please confirm me your phone make and model.
J: iphone 3gs 16gb
O2 : Grant: Thanks. Do you want me to go ahead with the upgrade for your account?
J: is the bill paid in arrears or advance?
O2 : Grant: The monthly line rental is always charged in advance.
O2 : Grant: Your bill date is for tomorrow so there won't be any effect on your bills.
J: does that mean as my bill is due tomorrow i will be charged £21.50 or the old charge if i change now?
O2 : Grant: No, your bill date is for tomorrow so you'll be charged as per the new tariff and not on a pro-rata basis.
O2 : Grant: It's your bill generation date and not the bill payment date tomorrow.
J: Ok,sorry i'm not thick Smiley Wink just trying to verify everything first.Yes please change me to the simplicity tarif.
O2 : Grant: Thanks, please give me a few minutes.
O2 : Grant: There is some important info you need to know about your upgrade, please click here to read through it.
O2 : Grant: Please go through these while I upgrade your contract.
O2 : Grant: Thanks for waiting.
O2 : Grant: I've arranged to upgrade your contract to Simplicity 30 day contract at £21.50 with 300 minutes, 500 O2 to O2 minutes, unlimited text and 500 mb data with 20 free picture messages. Your new tariff will get activated within 24 hours.
O2 : Grant: Your order number is - .
O2 : Grant: Is there anything else I can help you with?
J: No thats it thanks, Happy New Year!
O2 : Grant: You're welcome. It was a pleasure chatting with you.
O2 : Grant: Have a good day.
O2 : Grant: We'd really like your feedback. Click on 'End Chat' in the top right of this screen to tell us what you think. Bye.
O2 : Grant: Have a happy new year.
O2 : Grant: Thanks. Bye.
info: We'll email a copy of your chat transcript to .
Highlighted
Anonymous

Clearly the upgrade didn't fully process in time to take affect on your bill which was due to be produced the next day.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes I understand that, that is why it was sent back to accounts to be reviewed to change to the right amount before they rwuested the money from my bank on 16th. Apparently all they saw fit to do was credit me with 67p for not actioning the tariff change in time. Unfortunately for me when I spoke to them today they had already sent the DD request to the bank so too late to stop it. So despite me doing everything in time to make sure there was enough money in account to cover it O2 didnt bother and I'm supposed to be happy that they will re-credit me in their own time!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ach, well these things happen, at the end of the day it was a last minute change. It'll straighten itself out on your next bill.
Highlighted
Anonymous

And you probably want to edit the transcript to remove your name