Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to Sim Only

PW77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm on a Refresh contract that ends in septembet/October.

I keep getting messages from O2 about upgrading my refresh account with a new phone and contract.

I want to change to Sim only deal but the offers when I check my upgrade options are not as good the SIM only tariffs on the website.

Does any key know if can contact the customer services to change to a sim only deal option from the website and/or should I wait until my contract expires first?

Thanks

PW77
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @PW77 

You can upgrade anytime if your device has been paid off, or if bought through a third party; the term has finished.

If you are out of contract, it might be best popping in to store and see if we can find a great deal for you.

You alternately can speak to customer service on 202 from your phone, when you reach the automated message, don't say the reason for 15 seconds and you will be put through to the numeric options.

Press 2 for everything else.
Press 3 for Upgrades.
You will then need to pass the security and speak to someone.

Hope this helps, Karl

signature

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2Karl
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @PW77 

You can upgrade anytime if your device has been paid off, or if bought through a third party; the term has finished.

If you are out of contract, it might be best popping in to store and see if we can find a great deal for you.

You alternately can speak to customer service on 202 from your phone, when you reach the automated message, don't say the reason for 15 seconds and you will be put through to the numeric options.

Press 2 for everything else.
Press 3 for Upgrades.
You will then need to pass the security and speak to someone.

Hope this helps, Karl

signature
Message 2 of 5

PW77
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cheers Karl,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I bought through carphone warehouse originally, so it looks like I'll have to wait until my contract is up to do this

Thanks,

PW77
Message 3 of 5

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @PW77 

That is no problem at all, if you are passing one of our O2 stores, please pop in and ask for them to check the account as sometimes we offer an early upgrade to third party customers.

Have a great day.

signature
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@PW77 wrote:
Cheers Karl,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I bought through carphone warehouse originally, so it looks like I'll have to wait until my contract is up to do this

Thanks,

PW77

@PW77  My grandson was the same as you. Had his phone from CPW and ythe option to upgrade to sim only appeared in his MY O2 in the last month of contract.  His contracted ended May 25th and he chose sim only on the same day. This is what appeared on My O2 on May 25th

Sim Only (Mine).PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5