Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change phone number

Chris1989
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I need to change my phone number on my pay monthly account, but I need to be able to keep the old number on a PAYG sim.

The idea being I would pop it in to an old phone and pick up any voicemails each day for a few weeks so that I do not miss any important calls until everyone has my new number.

Any ideas how to do this?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to switch your current number to PAYG then take a new contract or a simo tariff.
It isn't possible to do it any other way and fees may be applicable if you haven't reached the minimum term of your current contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to switch your current number to PAYG then take a new contract or a simo tariff.
It isn't possible to do it any other way and fees may be applicable if you haven't reached the minimum term of your current contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Chris1989
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4