Did you mean: 

Change phone number in iPhone settings

NickD39
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I have just joined O2 on a pay monthly contract. I have ported my old phone number across from my previous provider (three) and this took place today. The only issue I’m having is my ported number is not showing in my phones settings, it’s showing the temporary number O2 provided with my new SIM. I have tried to change this numerous times (Settings > Phone > My number) clicking save each time to no avail, I have also tried rebooting my phone without luck. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NickD39 

You just need to do a sim swap when you get the new sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I've just had an idea on another thread which may work though. Try resetting your network settings first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NickD39 

Try a sim swap for a new blank sim as there can be a conflict between the saved sim number.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

NickD39
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply MI5. Do you mean asking them to send me a new blank SIM, and go through the process of transferring my old number again

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NickD39 

You just need to do a sim swap when you get the new sim Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I've just had an idea on another thread which may work though. Try resetting your network settings first.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

NickD39
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, would you mind telling me how to reset the network settings please

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NickD39 

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings. If you're using iOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@NickD39 

Note that this will also erase any saved wifi passwords so make sure you have the ones you need.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

NickD39
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, that’s worked a treat - you’re a star. Many thanks, Nick

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You're welcome @NickD39 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Lovina
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you!!! You’re a lifesaver!!

Message 10 of 10