Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change pay as you go phone number to monthly account

Patonthenet
Level 3: Thinker
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi all, is there a way of doing this myself, chat never there when you want them I have 4 02 sim cards, consecutive numbers 12345 pay monthly 12346 pay monthly 12347 pay go 12348 pay go So after using the first 2 numbers for 10 years :)/ well a long time, i need to change numbers about or buy 4 new sim cards from ebay like i did last time. So how do i make 12347 Old pay go, my 12345 contract, so that 12347 now becomes the contract number, and 12345 now becomes the pay go) same with second number So want to use my pay go numbers on contract i already got, and have my current numbers back up Can I do it?, problem being 2 are pay go 2 are contract numbers, dont mind paying top up Or by 4 new sim cards and star again? consecutive numbers available on ebay thanks want new settings 12345 pay go 12346 pay go 12347 pay monthly 12348 pay monthly
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
yes i did, the twit killed the sim cards, but there was a way to get them back, but thought 4 new numbers better anyway
Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Patonthenet wrote:
no, as it was not my fault i was given wrong info, 

I gave you the correct info above.

I warned you not to swap numbers between sims but to simply change the tariffs.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
The 02 customer service team is suppose to be the only people who can do these things if possible. I fully explained what I wanted to do, more than once, and questioned some responses, all of the time i was told don't worry, many people do this all the time. So if your told that, your going to go ahead They can after all do most things, its cost or lot of work that stops them, but if they make a mistake, no matter how long it takes, or what the cost might have been, they will try and sort it out. --------------------------- I was told I would be sent 2 new sim cards for free, and a phone call in a few days to get back the numbers lost, there was plenty of time, the numbers were just frozen. So sorry, I would listen to what they said. nothing more to loose ! AND important, I had almost made my mind up that new numbers would have been a better option anyway, but went ahead with the swap, so when i was offered to get back the numbers, i said no, just as long as i can end up with 4 consecutive numbers in the near future
Message 13 of 19

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Update
It gets worse, was using a classic tariff, so now i would need to pay a monthly fee for pay and go

______________^^
So right now despite buying the 4 new sims, its all on hold, the spair numbers lost has made a lot of problems, things like hospital sign in want to send a code to old numbers i no longer have.

So there is no way ill buy 2 pay and go systems, im sure things will improve in time, so its the end of 02 for me, im looking around for something better, after being here many years i lost track. Anyway wish i had waited fir replies in here before putting my trust in people who know nothing cause problems, and you cant get back to the same person. One strange thing did happen i was offerd a reversal of what they did, but i didnt trust the person, lost all trust in 02 now. So thanks again for your warnings, wish i had seen them
Message 14 of 19

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So what should i have done, you say change tarriffs but i was only topping up one a year, or every 2 years, just making a phone call every 90 days to keep sim cards alive, mostly switched pay and go ones off, but they were usefull for people like google that wants new numbers.

So tell me please what i shoukd have done without loosing classic tarriff, ebay seller was the only person who told me my tarriff was no longer available, nobody in 02 did at the time.

Righr now its easy to swap monthly numbers, so perhaps buy some posh ones?
Message 15 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
The only way you would have kept all the numbers was to convert the PAYG Sims to contact and the contract Sims to PAYG.
You would still have lost the classic tariff though as that was removed as an option 12 months ago.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 19

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Well that i found out much later, if i new that ar the start, i would not have changed anything.

You keep on saying convert the contract sims to pay as you go but dontvsay how. Because thats how i lost 2 numbers, they had moved the pay and go over to contract, and that give us 2 working numbers straght away.

But tge secont they tried to move the old contract numbers to pay and go it killed the sim cards, dead and numbers frozen. So please tell me something 02 does not seam to know. Yes i giess i would now need tobtop up pay and go because classic tarrif is gone, but they did it, and they killed the numbers as soon at they touched them.

Im soeaking to three. £10 top up once only, needvto use the number every 6 months. So if they dont fix the mess they made ill get 4 new numbers for three
Message 17 of 19

Patonthenet
  • 83 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Speaking to three that should have said, darn Samsung S20 keyboard needs update
Message 18 of 19

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

What the "twit" (to use your phrase) did was try to move your numbers from one type of account to another.

Moving numbers closes the account they came from and deletes the number on the account moving o, hence you lost the numbers.

The correct process should have been to just change the type of account from each sim between payg and monthly contract, thus leaving the numbers alone.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 19