Did you mean: 

Change name and date of birth

Inga
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I would like to change name and date of birth on my contract, as it is on my mums name but I am the one who is using and paying for it. I dont want take new contact because I will loose my mobile number  and I have this number for years and I would like to keep it.

Thank you Inga

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Inga wrote:

I am O2 customer since 2008 and still have the same number. My phone is paid off but I have pay monthly contact which I need renew on 18/01/2019. So if I will  keep mobile number with my new contact my mums name wont transfer with mobile number?

No it wont as your name will be on the new contract. Your Mum won't figure in that at all. You will have to swap the number to your new contract though.. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Inga I'm afraid you have to take a new contract to change the name as you need to pass a credit check, but you can keep your number, so don't worry about that. 

However, this isn't O2 so we can't do it for you. You need to go in store to get the new contract and arrange the number migration, but do it when your contract is due for an upgrade or else ypu'll need to pay a penalty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Inga
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am O2 customer since 2008 and still have the same number. My phone is paid off but I have pay monthly contact which I need renew on 18/01/2019. So if I will  keep mobile number with my new contact my mums name wont transfer with mobile number?

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Inga wrote:

No it wont as your name will be on the new contract. Your Mum won't figure in that at all. You will have to swap the number to your new contract though.. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Inga
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Will go to O2 shop asap. slight_smile

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
To be clear, you need to get a new contract in your name after January 18th next year.
You will get a new number, but your Mum can give permission to transfer the number from the old account to your new one, which will cancel the old account when the number transfers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Inga wrote:

Thank you. Will go to O2 shop asap. slight_smile

Your mum will have to go with you so that she can transfer the number to you. As things stand, your mum currently owns the number so you need to go together.

Message 7 of 7