Did you mean: 

Change in tariff whilst abroad

Zuzka
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I have an option to upgrate my tariff and considering that there is noone in O2 I can really get in touch I'd like to see if anyone can help.

I "fled" the UK and currently in Slovakia (EU country) and I see that I have an upgrade options for my sim that I could potentioanlly use.

1) Is it safe to upgrade now my tarffif (of course no sim replacement) as I will stay here for as long as corona lasts. (I'm estimating till September). I don't want to upgrade and my phone will suddenly stop working for half a year. So I'm pretty worried about taking that action

2) In terms of the tariffs. The way I understand it - is that when they say e.g. 100 GBP data tariff for 20 GBP - really means 20 GBP + a VAT? so it will be more than that? e.g. 20 + 4 VAT = £24 GBP 

- is that the correct logic?

3) Also, when they say Ends 13th May - that does mean that the offer ends, correct? Not that the e.g. 100 GB data allowance ends. 

Many thanks, I'm just trying to cover myself on all fronts before I make any next step.

Many thanks for your help.

Best

Zuzana 

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
It must be a new one wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 29

Zuzka
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 @Cleoriff @jonsie 

Thank you guys so much!

I will only get back once the whole corona situation is dealt with to be honest, so not too sure when exactly (September?). 

Lucikly, I have a safer place to stay (in this world) at the moment than London.

Fingers crossed, that this whole situation shall pass pretty quickly.

Thanks again to all of you! have a lovely evening! slight_smile 

Best

Zuzana 

Message 22 of 29

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Stay safe Zuzana
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 29

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Stay safe @Zuzka heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Zuzka 

Just wanted to add something here which we mentioned at the start of the thread and tended to be forgotten in later discussions. You are abroad and O2 have a fair usage policy for those who travel and that includes the EU. All you need to know is here

https://www.o2.co.uk/roamfairuse 

Please take note of this statement:

"Using our services in our Europe Zone for more than 63 days in any four month period is what we consider to be unfair use. If you do this, we’ll send you a fair usage notification by text. If you continue to use these services after we’ve notified you, we’ll apply surcharges for further usage that we recognise as over usage.These surcharges are £3.60 per GB for data, 3.3p per minute for calls and 1p per text. The surcharges will appear on your next months bill. We’ll stop applying surcharges to your European Zone usage once the majority of your usage over the previous four months has been in the UK. "

As you indicated you could be in Slovakia until September, it's almost certain you will exceed your permitted usage.

Just something for you to think about. It's a great offer, no doubt of that but not so good if you can't take advantage of it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 29

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Take advantage while you are there

You will still have the tariff when you finally get back to the UK as it's a 12 month tariff that you can carry on as a rolling contract.

Changing tariff restarts the 63 days too.

Message 27 of 29

joe2345
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

does changing tariff mean that bolt onds automatically change or do they stay the same ?

of course sinceit seems virtually impossible to get o2 on the phone they cant help. 

Message 28 of 29

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@joe2345 

Which bolt ons in particular?

Some may change whilst others will not so need to know which ones please?

Currently using:
Message 29 of 29