cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from pay as you go to pay monthly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why is this so difficult? Have I missed something or do I really need to go through the new Sim and forms route?
Thanks
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Why is this so difficult? Have I missed something or do I really need to go through the new Sim and forms route?
Thanks

Yes you do as you are applying for a phone on credit and are responsible for what could potentially be a large phone bill every month.

If you meet the criteria you can get a contract but everyone has to be risk assessed first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You'll need a new sIm as Payg and monthly ones hold different info.

Credit check.

Perhaps go through your http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 or o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I'm not understanding your query. Is this in reference to taki9ng out a contract or to transferring your number to the sim? Sims for contract and P&G are different and provisioned with different information, hence the need for a new sim.

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

When I changed from PAYG to contract (2 years ago) it was the easiest thing I did. (Mind you that included having a new phone and sim as part of the contract)

My number was transferred over with no problem at all...

However.... that was one scenario...as Jonsie says, we need a bit more info?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144334 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks

Yes you do as you are applying for a phone on credit and are responsible for what could potentially be a large phone bill every month.

If you meet the criteria you can get a contract but everyone has to be risk assessed first.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5