Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from data to calls

Lazydaisy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A few months ago, my contract was up and I decided to keep my phone and upgrade to an iPad instead. The problem was that this meant I went from a calls tariff to a data tariff which was applied to the phone number that i’d had for years. I now realise this was a mistake and I want my number to go back from data to calls and data. Any ideas on how I go about it? Or isn’t it possible? Thank you x

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The only way would be pay off your current contract and upgrade to a normal phone tariff. This could be either with a phone or as a sim only deal.
How to cancel here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Lazydaisy I would suggest speaking to customer service. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus Probably best to speak to someone rather than use Live Chat.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

Lazydaisy
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok thanks. I was hoping I didn’t have to speak to anyone. 😅

@Bambino wrote:

@Lazydaisy I would suggest speaking to customer service. https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus Probably best to speak to someone rather than use Live Chat.

Message 3 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sorry @Lazydaisy We're all customers here. We have no access to anyone else's account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do this on MyO2 - preferably web access rather than the phone app. You can do pretty much everything to do with tarrif changes yourself these days.  Remember to look at both 'change your tarrif' and 'upgrade' options.

You can pretty much do anything to do with your account, tarrif and device on MyO2 bar getting a PAC code.

Message 5 of 11

Lazydaisy
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I realise that, I thought someone might have had a similar experience and could answer. 🙂

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The only way would be pay off your current contract and upgrade to a normal phone tariff. This could be either with a phone or as a sim only deal.
How to cancel here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Lazydaisy
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK thanks. I don’t think I can afford to do that. I only want to make calls, I’ve had a monthly phone contract with o2 for donkey’s years, i’m a fool for not realising that it was just data. Thanks again for your help.

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately you have to honour the contract you signed.
Yes, a mistake but I suggest a payg sim now and a cheap phone to make calls until you can upgrade.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Lazydaisy
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s what I have been doing, but on a different number. I miss my old number! 😳 Yes, my fault for not realising you couldn’t have data and calls when opting for an iPad. It’s going to be a long 18 months.. 😂

Message 10 of 11