Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Change from PAYG to pay monthly and keep number

I am changing from a Pay as you go O2 to Pay Monthly SIM only tariff on my iPhone, have received the new SIM with a new number. I wish to keep the old number and get the large balance from the PAYG transferred to my new monthly account.

I texted to get the SIM swop done first, still waiting for the old SIM to lose the service so I can insert the new one.

I tried to fill in the form online for transferring number from PAYG to Pay monthly but it requests a PAC number which I have not got?

It's thought a pac was only needed if transferring from another supplier? If it is required for inter O2, how do I request one?

Many thanks.
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,326

Re: Change from PAYG to pay monthly and keep number

Anonymous

Hi there,

You will not loose the signal on the sim card as u cant do a sim swap on a pay and go number with a pay monthly sim. You need to fill in the below form or ring CS that will do it for you.Once that is done they will then transfer the number u want to keep from pay and go to contract, on the new sim. just make sure u back up anything u may have saved on the pay and go sim or it will be lost.Hope this helps

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=port_migrate&case=Port/Migrate%20In%20Form

Anonymous

Thank you very much, the correct form helped a great deal. I have successfully filled it in and will put the old SIM card in the phone again, so that I can see when the transfer has been done. I assume it will not happen over the weekend.

Thanks again for your prompt help.
Anonymous

It also depends on how large your payg credit was.

Only a certain figure is transferred over. Upto £350 I think.
Anonymous

The balance is about £220.

To be clear I filled in the form in the first reply on this thread. Not the other one on the second reply.

I must say it is mighty confusing having all these slightly different forms.

Question now is, do I keep the new sim in or the or the old one?

Keep the old sim in until you lose network coverage. I think both the forms do the same job to be honest.

Anonymous

Thanks all.
Anonymous

It's 24h for it to go trough usually, so keep an eye on the signal bar,and 350 is the limit like bandofbrothers>

Do u have auto top up setup? if u do u need to cancel it. also any boltons like friends and family will be lost, only international favourites stays on, all the other ones have to be set up again. Smiley Happy