cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from PAYG to pay monthly and keep number

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am changing from a Pay as you go O2 to Pay Monthly SIM only tariff on my iPhone, have received the new SIM with a new number. I wish to keep the old number and get the large balance from the PAYG transferred to my new monthly account.

I texted to get the SIM swop done first, still waiting for the old SIM to lose the service so I can insert the new one.

I tried to fill in the form online for transferring number from PAYG to Pay monthly but it requests a PAC number which I have not got?

It's thought a pac was only needed if transferring from another supplier? If it is required for inter O2, how do I request one?

Many thanks.
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Keep the old sim in until you lose network coverage. I think both the forms do the same job to be honest.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

You will not loose the signal on the sim card as u cant do a sim swap on a pay and go number with a pay monthly sim. You need to fill in the below form or ring CS that will do it for you.Once that is done they will then transfer the number u want to keep from pay and go to contract, on the new sim. just make sure u back up anything u may have saved on the pay and go sim or it will be lost.Hope this helps

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=port_migrate&case=Port/Migrate%20In%20Form

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much, the correct form helped a great deal. I have successfully filled it in and will put the old SIM card in the phone again, so that I can see when the transfer has been done. I assume it will not happen over the weekend.

Thanks again for your prompt help.
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
It also depends on how large your payg credit was.

Only a certain figure is transferred over. Upto £350 I think.
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
The balance is about £220.

To be clear I filled in the form in the first reply on this thread. Not the other one on the second reply.

I must say it is mighty confusing having all these slightly different forms.

Question now is, do I keep the new sim in or the or the old one?
Message 6 of 14

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Keep the old sim in until you lose network coverage. I think both the forms do the same job to be honest.

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all.
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's 24h for it to go trough usually, so keep an eye on the signal bar,and 350 is the limit like bandofbrothers>

Do u have auto top up setup? if u do u need to cancel it. also any boltons like friends and family will be lost, only international favourites stays on, all the other ones have to be set up again. slight_smile

Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions