cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from PAYG to Monthly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently got a PAYG sim, realised I would rather go onto a monthly 30 day contract to make use of the o2 travel as I would be going on holiday in a few days time.

I ordered one online, but I haven't had any sort of confirmation email or anything. I was hoping I could change the contract over to the PAYG sim/phone number as soon as I ordered it! But apparently not? Waiting on the new sim to arrive is not an option as I won't be in the UK when it will arrive, as I have to wait on royal mail to deliver it and there was no choice for special delivery on the SIM!!

I'm not sure really what to do. Is there no way to get the number for the contract sim I ordered before it arrived? I was expecting it to be possible going by the "Keep your mobile number" page, as it said you could change it from the "temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email". 

Any help soon would be appriciated!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need to call cs to see if you have been approved for a contract first.
You usually receive confirmation emails for you to "virtually" approve the terms and agree to the contract.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You need to call cs to see if you have been approved for a contract first.
You usually receive confirmation emails for you to "virtually" approve the terms and agree to the contract.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2