cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

so i can change my tariff from tomorrow

i want to change to the £28 one which includes unlimited texts/calls and 2gb data (i think i can get that, with o2 refresh)

and will i get charged for more than a month or anything?

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the point is being missed here.

O2 have advised a customer incorrectly and mis-sold a tariff and handset by offering a 4G tariff on a non 4G handset.

Whilst the handset might be suitable for their needs, it is completely wrong for O2 to advise of services which the customer cannot use. The "sales advisers" know the details of the products they are selling and this is a blatant agressive sales tactic.

Shame on you O2.

Message 21 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
All O2 tariffs are 4G now except some sim only ones but obviously they don't come with a phone which the OP clearly wanted to upgrade to.
They would of had to buy the phone elsewhere and get an O2 3G simo tariff to avoid been mis sold as you suggest........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

The customer was not aware the iPhone 4 wasnt a 4G compatible handset at the time. This should have been clearly explained by the sales adviser

Message 23 of 39

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
We don't know that it wasn't.
The OP clearly isn't familiar with phones and network terminology, hence the request for help here.
As a 4G tariff is the only option anyway I don't see how it would have made any difference.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

"I've now changed my tariff to include and iPhone 4 with 4G"

This suggests the customer was expecting 4G use on an iPhone 4 wether they knew what it was or not.

Message 25 of 39

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's just words.
2G, 3G, 4G makes no difference to the OP.
There is a process that can be followed if the OP feels aggrieved in any way (as you well know) but you are blowing this up into something it's not, in my opinion....
The offer for a 5s could have been tabled at a much higher price and have been rejected......
We don't know the facts to make a judgement call on it.......

Currently using:
Message 26 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are all entitled to our opinion!!! Fear

I never use voicemail on my handset (have it turned off) but if a sales adviser told me i had voicemail but later found my handset doesnt support it, that would be mis-selling, despite if i use it or not.

Anyway, as you correctly pointed out, the customer can contact Customer Services should they feel the need.

Message 27 of 39

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
and part of the forum's role is to debate differing opinions which is healthy...
It's always good to consider things from a different angle slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 28 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Just to add my 5 pennorth here and looking at what phone the OP originally had...they sound just like me 2 years ago......and this was exactly the sort of question I would have asked.

I too was encouraged, by my sons to get into the 21st century...and did so kicking and screaming.

Now I enjoy it. I also know that with my still limited usage of my smartphone I would have very little use for 4G

For someone that has moved on from 'just calls and texts'...the OP doesn't sound like anyone i know that would be running every app available...

Maybe this time next year ....but not now.

So from the personal perspective of an elderly technophobe (me) I think the advice given was absolutely spot on...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, what a debate!

It's great that so many people are making sure I get the right advice and service.

I can tell you now that 2G, 3G 4G or an G was not explained by the adviser when I was upgrading.  It wouldn't have meant anything to me anyway at the time.

However, when I did upgrade I got the following text message from O2:

"Great news, your 4G service is ready. Just a few final steps before you get started.  Make sure your 4G sim is in your 4G phone" ........etc.

This is why I questioned what 4G was.

Anyway, I have just received my new phone and I'm now going to try to set it up.  I may be some time!!!!!

Message 30 of 39