cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

so i can change my tariff from tomorrow

i want to change to the £28 one which includes unlimited texts/calls and 2gb data (i think i can get that, with o2 refresh)

and will i get charged for more than a month or anything?

Message 1 of 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If you ring Customer Services on 202 they will explain the way your tariffs will switch and can perform the tariff change for you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you change your tariff part month, your following invoice will be pro-rata on both tariffs. This usually results in a more expensive invoice although your following one should display a credit for the line rental you paid in advance.

Hope that makes sense.....difficult to explain!!! Thoughful

Message 2 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you are changing along with your upgrade at the same time you will just start on the new tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

If you ring Customer Services on 202 they will explain the way your tariffs will switch and can perform the tariff change for you.

Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a complete technophobe.  Up until today I've used a little antiquated nokia on a very basic O2 tariff.  I've now changed my tariff to include and iPhone 4 with 4G (whatever that means). It's the O2 refresh tariff and I think gives me all that I need from a mobile (never having used a Smartphone!).

Would like some advice/feedback on this tariff and also about the iPhone 4 and this 4G stuff.

I don't mind that it's not the most up to date phone, just some reassurance or otherwise that the phone and the tariff are good.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 39

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well sadly, the bad news is you can only use the iPhone 4 on 3g, not 4G, although if you ever change to a newer phone you will be set up ready.
My advice would be to Google for some tip and tricks and also look on You Tube for phone usage guides as that is much easier than someone trying to write one on here for you.
If you have any specific questions though, please do ask slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 39

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions
Message 7 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a complete technophobe.  Up until today I've used a little antiquated nokia on a very basic O2 tariff.  I've now changed my tariff to include and iPhone 4 with 4G (whatever that means). It's the O2 refresh tariff and I think gives me all that I need from a mobile (never having used a Smartphone!).

Would like some advice/feedback on this tariff and also about the iPhone 4 and this 4G stuff.

I don't mind that it's not the most up to date phone, just some reassurance or otherwise that the phone and the tariff are good.

Thanks.

Hi,

4G relates to the speed of connection to o2's Network. 

Data Connection Indicators.

As as explained the iPhone 4 does not use the correct frequency bands to use 4G.

You iu would need an iPhone 5c, 5s or iPhone 6 / 6 plus or one of the other makes of phone that works on o2's 4G frequencies

Usually googling for the specifications tells you what it supports. 

If you need any help with your iPhone 4 then please don't hesitate to ask. 

Message 8 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your responses.

I'm still very confused about this 4G thing.  When I got a confirmation from O2 it said welcome to your 4G!  Yet you're saying the iPhone 4 does not support this.

Basically, all I need to know is this a decent phone for someone who doesn't need a lot of technology and what are the implications of not having 4G if this is the case?

Also, is the refresh tariff a pretty good deal?

Thanks.

Message 9 of 39

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, it's a decent enough phone to get you started on. Not having 4g won't impact you much really as you can still use 3g.
I'm on a refresh tariff so they can't be that bad wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 39