cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Tariff

Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay monthly, when I sign in and choose "contact us" there is an option to change tariff, which coincidentally it exactly what I want to do, hence why I clicked on it. when you click on it it asks me to log in again and no where is any option what so ever to change my tarrif. 

Honestly O2 who the hell signs off your website before you put it live?

Does anyone actually review it?

Another I'm particularly annoyed at, to join this forum I was forced to change my beloved username to a sodding email address, how is this an improvement? its a step back if you ask me, I preferred my username, then I'm not giving out my personal email address. 

When this contacts over, I'm gone. 

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I believe one of the main advantages of email address logins is due to help stop spamming or irritating members joining to cause trouble. Annoying I know.

There's an awful lot of dead links on the website it's needs a refresh but I'm unwilling to help without being paid. I know of at least 8 duff links and I wasn't even hunting for them:(

As for your one you can try logging in go to the my mobile page where you've got an overview of your details. 2nd down from the top on the right is your tariff details there's a link to change it from there. I found that out after discovering the same issue as yours.

Hope that helps.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

the only person that can see your email address is you, nobody else can see it

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair play Stuart, but why force me to change it, my username was shorter, sorry to have a moan but I hate it when companies make changes and there is no positive benefit of doing so, its bad change management and unprofessional. 

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

it annoyed me too but i think its to do with the forum change over to lithium

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see, Thanks for the info Stuart. 

Do o2 actually chip in and answer questions on here or is it mainly users helping each other out? 

As you can probably gather I'm new to this world. 

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

the official o2 prescence here regularly is leonard & toby. there are a few o2 reps that post here in a personal capacity occasionally but mostly just other customers to other customers

Message 6 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I believe one of the main advantages of email address logins is due to help stop spamming or irritating members joining to cause trouble. Annoying I know.

There's an awful lot of dead links on the website it's needs a refresh but I'm unwilling to help without being paid. I know of at least 8 duff links and I wasn't even hunting for them:(

As for your one you can try logging in go to the my mobile page where you've got an overview of your details. 2nd down from the top on the right is your tariff details there's a link to change it from there. I found that out after discovering the same issue as yours.

Hope that helps.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

now you jogged my memory, that was the primary reason they changed it

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Stuart, I think I'm getting the jist of things slight_smile

Thanks Liquid, followed your instructions and there it was. great stuff. 

Message 9 of 14

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No worries. It's a real pain in the backside isn't it:(

That's the main problem with the design of the web page. My old company I worked for had a page tree which showed every page that linked to another. So as soon as a new page was added/changed the links were updated.

Not just thrown up and sod it the page looks good kind of attitude.
Message 10 of 14