Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Change Blackberry data to Standard data?

Hi, 

I have 4 months left on a 24m, Blackberry, sim-only contract. For the remainder of the contract I am considering changing to an Android phone. Can I change my BB data for equivalent standard data?

Thanks.

Tom

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Change Blackberry data to Standard data?

No matter what tariff you're on you can always change the data package.

Not sure if i've heard of a 24m sim only though Smiley Tongue haha

Highlighted
Anonymous

Speak to the customer services team on 202 free from your O2 phone - they can tell you what data services you can have on the Android handset. It's unlikely to be the same, as Blackberry data plans work quite differently to standard phone data plans
Highlighted
Anonymous

To clarify, it is a 24m contract, but after 12 months I took the option to change to a 12m sim-only rather than take an upgrade Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Anonymax wrote:
Speak to the customer services team on 202 free from your O2 phone - they can tell you what data services you can have on the Android handset. It's unlikely to be the same, as Blackberry data plans work quite differently to standard phone data plans

I know it works the other way as one of my contracts I swopped from android to blackberry. Just did it by going into user area. Go to "My Bolt on summary" then "manage bolt-ons" and changing the bolt-on to what ever you need.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I phoned yesterday and there's no problem changing from BB data to standard data. 02 will send out a new free micro-sim, if required, or I can pick one up for free in local O2 store.

Highlighted
Anonymous

That's great news. The main thing I said about there being a "difference" between BB and Android is just that Blackberry has different bolt-ons to Android/other handset types. So as long as there is an equivalent bolt-on - which there seems to be - then there would be no issues in changing bolt-ons like you wanted to.