cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Billing Address to Overseas

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've recently moved to the USA and was trying to change my billing address to my new address over here. My direct debit has not changed, and my bank account is still based in the UK, but the cotact address for it is now based in Boston, MA. I was hoping to change my o2 billing address to reflect this.

Any and all help very gratefully received.

Cheers,

Tim

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Address if needs/wants to write in

The Correspondence Management Team 

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@I made a point of changing my billing address to my son's before I left the UK for good but as long as I have a DD in place there is no reason for O2 to contact me. If I need any assistance then I'll get all mail sent to you, @MI5 and myself have your address Fantastic

Seems like a plan...Don't default now will you? LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 21

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Never defaulted in 18 years but I'm thinking how will they ever find me Dance

Message 13 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@I made a point of changing my billing address to my son's before I left the UK for good but as long as I have a DD in place there is no reason for O2 to contact me. If I need any assistance then I'll get all mail sent to you, @MI5 and myself have your address Fantastic

Yes as long as the DD stays in place and the UK account is in credit there would be no need to supply a different physical address. I'd still like to know why the OP wants to keep the account up and running? Unless they're only planning to use calls and texts on WiFi using TuGo, and not use any data, it will get very expensive using the account any other way in the US.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It would indeed be expensive @Bambino. You know this better than most as USA is also your home.

I expect you know every 'trick in the book' as it were..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 21

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Yes, @Cleoriff, but there's no secret to it. The answer is a Three account. Just the normal charge to your allowance on your tariff to call and text back to the UK, and no roaming charges on any data you use. Simple.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can't use the three sim if you are permanently based in US tho as it specifically states in the T&C's.
Using Tu over WiFi only for contact back home is perfectly acceptable and a good idea too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 21

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Good point @MI5. You can use it for two months before they would query the usage, but you can break that up if at some point you travel to a country that isn't included in their Feel at Home list. This is something to consider if I go to Plan B.

Can you use Tu over WiFi indefinitely, or does the same T&C apply for O2?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 18 of 21

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Tu can be used indefinitely.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, many thnks for all your help, am in process of contacting o2 to see firstly if it can be changed, and secondly if it really matters. Was just trying to be a good citizen!

I wanted to keep the account active as it still has about a year left to run and I cannot afford to pay off the full amount at the moment. So just going to keep paying the DD with my UK bank account.

I will be getting a US mobile to use over here as well. Not planning on using any data on my o2 phone, is essentially a wifi only machine while I'm here.

Message 20 of 21