Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change 4G tariff to 5G

Bwlmog76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I recently took out a contract through Carphone Warehouse for a Note 10+5G but on a 4G contract. Is there anyway of changing the contract to 5G. I currently have 60gb data a month but would be happy to drop to 30gb as part of the move.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Bwlmog76
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you, I tried in app but it only let me change the data amount and not to 5G. I asked on chat before and was told that as I took the phone out with Carphone Warehouse I couldn't move, but as the contract has now moved across to O2 I'm hoping that will change. Guess I'll wait until chat becomes available again in the app as I can't face being in a queue
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Bwlmog76
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You too @jonsie and thanks for taking the time to reply.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Bwlmog76 

All O2 tariffs are 5g, you just need a 5g sim card to access 5g data services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Bwlmog76
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, for the reply. Unfortunately as I bought my contract through Carphone Warehouse that wasn't the case and I was given a 4g tariff. At the time I contacted O2 and they seemed annoyed that this had happened but as the contract was with Carphone Warehouse there was nothing they could do. However, as the contract has now transferred across to O2 I'm hoping they can revisit this, even if it meant me reducing the data allowance.  

Unfortunately, it seems that O2 have closed their online contact portals so the only way to discuss this now is via the phone and long waiting times.

Message 7 of 9

homer666
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
hi
Does anyone know if this is possible???
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@homer666 wrote:
hi
Does anyone know if this is possible???

Yes it is possible @homer666 

Either call O2 to order a new sim Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

or pop into your local O2 store.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9