cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catch 22 with my new eSim - can anyone help?

Paul1001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I'm hoping someone might be able to advise on a rather weird situation. 

I have just moved from Vodafone. I got the PAK and supplied it to O2. O2 have activated the PAK which means that my current phone, which uses the old vodafone eSim, can no longer receive communications to my phone number. 

So I need to activate my new O2 eSim. 

The trouble is, to get my new eSim I need to log into MyO2. Logging into MyO2 then has to send an authorisation code to my mobile and, you guessed it, I can't get the authorisation code because my number has been ported and I have no active sim to receive that code. 

The virtual assistant told me to phone 202 (which I can't as I have no active SIM) or an 0344 number. I can't do that either as I have no landline and, again, no active Sim on my phone!

I can only imagine that noone predicted this somewhat strange situation. 

Can anyone advise what I should do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12397 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1149 Solutions

You have a couple of options really @Paul1001 

First you can visit your local o2 store to get a physical sim (take photo ID).

Second you can contact customer services by one of the methods in the guide Guide: How to find help & contact O2 - these include social media or calling via Skype for free.

The second will mean they send out a physical sim, but this goes via Royal Mail and can take some time to arrive.

Not sure if there is another way to activate your My o2...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7170 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1592 Solutions

It's a fairly new thing.Those who are regulars here did predict this situation an many other scenarios where the customer did not have access to their phone.

Regretfully all that O2 have done is create more calls to a customer services which are also struggling

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3