Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carphone warehouse contacted me about upgrade

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Yesterday I received a call from a Belfast number yesterday and they said they are calling on behalf of carphone warehouse.Then they said you are eligible for an upgrade.i asked how did they get my details cause I always deal with o2 direct and they couldn't answer me.Then they tried to offer me a phone.i said I can get it cheaper elsewhere and they said sure you can return it within 14 days!i said I'm nit interested.wouldnt get the hint.Who handed my details out?I never agreed for details to be passed to a third party.
Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If you want to complain then use this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain @Charlieboyoo

And no...they certainly do not do that for every customer. It's dependent on whether your details have been passed on...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
A few of us who also are opted out have been getting the same calls lately.
Maybe @Toby can answer why our details are being used when we explicitly chose not to have them shared?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I have been having a few similar calls and admit to being annoyed, to say the least, that I opted out in my marketing preferences....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 42

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 285 Posts
  • 52 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
Thanks,I was thinking of putting a complaint in.cause for example only o2 can offer refresh deals.I also explain I get discount on my account and he still tried to sell me the phone.They wouldn't take no for an answer.when I asked how they got my details they said they do that for every customer.Thats bulls**t.
Message 4 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If you want to complain then use this link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain @Charlieboyoo

And no...they certainly do not do that for every customer. It's dependent on whether your details have been passed on...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 42

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
Point is that we have opted out of marketing calls so no details should be passed on.
I'll await Toby's response to how this has happened but I too will be making a complaint if it doesn't stop.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 42

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
I've just been into "My Contact Preferences" in MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 to check my settings and everything was turned on for 2 of my accounts.
I know 100% that I turned all these off previously so for some reason they have been turned on against my wishes.
A complaint will definitely be forthcoming now.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I've just been into "My Contact Preferences" in MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 to check my settings and everything was turned on for 2 of my accounts.
I know 100% that I turned all these off previously so for some reason they have been turned on against my wishes.
A complaint will definitely be forthcoming now.

Thanks for that heads up..I will go and check mine

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 42

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
I would urge everyone to check - It looks like everything has been reset.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well ..well.. well..what do you know? A completely different layout to what I was seeing last time I checked and this is what I am seeing now???.... How damn annoying!!

Preferences o2.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 42