Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carphone Warehouse

Lesg
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

My monthly contract is coming to an end in May and I’ve found that CW and mobiles.co.uk no longer have a deal with O2. In doing so, i’ve found that O2’s prices are somewhat more expensive than everyone else so i’ve been looking at sites that have better O2 deals, Affordable Mobiles, Buymobiles.net and mobile phones direct....can trust them or do I move to another provider as a cheaper option ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 2 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35224 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Lesg wrote:

My monthly contract is coming to an end in May... Affordable Mobiles, Buymobiles.net and mobile phones direct....can trust them or do I move to another provider as a cheaper option ?

Hi @Lesg,

I have found mobilephonesdirect to be excellent, offering good phone deals on O2 tariffs as upgrades, and with a reliable cashback process - my last upgrade, Jan-2019, all was done for me and phone and sim was with me next day, already set up with my number etc- so no O2 call for sim swap 👍

Billing remained through O2, and their online system, so no change there. You do have to put reminders in your calendar for the cashback claims though, but it is clearly explained on the MPD website - all done online (assuming you get your bills as PDFs ok from O2 website!). 

Shop around, talk to their phone sales personnel, weigh up if their deal betters O2 for contract length (24mths vs O2 36mths) bearing in mind the warranty offered by the manufacturer on your choice of handset. 

Good luck, @Lesg.

Thanks for the prompt, @jonsie 👍

Message 3 of 5

Lesg
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 9 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thanks.
Message 4 of 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35224 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Edited above to add a bit about MPD cashback, if you decide to go with them for your renewal, @Lesg

Message 5 of 5