Did you mean: 

Card payment system, Half a year on...

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
When?
When will this failed system be fixed and prevent any more innocent customers getting a screwed up credit history?
It's been half a year since O2 "modernised" the payment system, and excluding one week period two months ago, it has been a total failure.
Why do O2 staff still insist the problem is the customers end?, either bank problems or insinuating that the customer doesn't have enough in their accounts (I say accounts because multiple bank cards still fail).
I have personally wasted hour after hour desperately trying to pay, calling and sometimes having success but mostly not.
I am sick of it, and I'm sick of this level of customer neglect.
I have tried to pay using:
Visa debit TSB
Visa debit Halifax
Visa electron Halifax
Visa debit nationwide
Mastercard debit
Mastercard credit
All fail and enough is enough
I am not prepared to spend cumulative hours waiting on hold for a 60/40 against chance that a payment will go through, nor can I justify making a bacs payment like one poor customer, for O2 to then apply it incorrectly to a single account.
I leave for a holiday next week, and I fully expect O2 to proper shaft me whilst I am away on 2 of my accounts.
Half a year is disgusting and can only be described as negligence to offer an advertised service.
Either O2 accept cards or not!
They have had long enough now to make up their mind.
Message 1 of 136
135 REPLIES 135

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, I'm going to look in to this as best I can tonight and tomorrow. I know this is beside the point but have you been able to pay by BACS?

Please excuse the gaps in replies but I will come back with more info as soon as I can.
Message 21 of 136

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I don't trust bacs, another member had issues paying by card, so paid by bacs...
The amounts went missing then were all applied to one account and all the other accounts were in arrears with one 60 quid in credit.
Message 22 of 136

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Fact remains O2 have a payment system in place which should be fail safe.

If they allow people to pay by card then this should be a working practice. It was working till they improved it @Anonymous... That said, I applaud you for trying to resolve it here slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 136

Anonymous
Not applicable
Absolutely I agree 100% Cleoriff. It may prove difficult to do so because I have little information for ovbious reasons but I'll do the best I can.
Message 24 of 136

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Absolutely I agree 100% Cleoriff. It may prove difficult to do so because I have little information for ovbious reasons but I'll do the best I can.

You may prove to be very popular then @Anonymous Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 136

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous

Please....I mean no disrespect to you or other O2 advisers but....

Please research the many threads on here and other O2 social media such as Twitter and Facebook, MSE and various blogs.

O2 staff have meetings with their managers at various regular intervals.

O2 staff talk amongst themselves about various repetitive calls.

O2 advisers get bulletins every day about system issues.

Advisers attempt to make payments for customers over the phone and see the same problem that many customers see...payment declined.

Are you telling us that O2 are not aware that there is a major problem with their system that has been all too apparent for many people dating back some five months?

Have the credit referral team not noticed a large increase of defaults and complaints and fed this back to the IT people responsible for this disgrace?

If this is so then again with respect, I find it deplorable that people who are in the know still deny or acknowledge that there is a big problem affeecting many customer which will have a detrimental effect on their lives for the next six years.

Message 26 of 136

nige4
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Bated breath & all that!
Message 27 of 136

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @viridis, @jonsie,

Please forgive the lateness of my reply. To answer you questions O2 Staff and managers are aware of issues affecting VISA Electron and some Visa Debit card payments, while i can't speak for all staff everyone i have spoken to seems to be aware of this problem.

It's a little difficult to respond to any account specific queries so you'll have to excuse me if my replies are a little broad and not necessarily related to @viridis problem.

@viridis i'm sorry if you have been asked these questions before as i don't want to offend, but are the cards you have been trying to use registered to the same address as the address on your account? (I understand this has been causing issues to some)

I can see from the previous thread you have multiple accounts, are you still struggling to pay all of them?

As for any credit file disputes, they are dealt with on a case by case basis and do advise that customers email in. Has anybody passed on this email address to you?

Apologies if i have missed anything here, i will come back with more updates as soon as i can.

Message 28 of 136

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The only email address we have to my knowledge is this one :

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com 

Credit File Referrals Team

Suite P

Arlington Business Centre

Leeds

LS11 0NE

Fax 0113 2025865

Message 29 of 136

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @viridis, @jonsie,

Please forgive the lateness of my reply. To answer you questions O2 Staff and managers are aware of issues affecting VISA Electron and some Visa Debit card payments, while i can't speak for all staff everyone i have spoken to seems to be aware of this problem.

It's a little difficult to respond to any account specific queries so you'll have to excuse me if my replies are a little broad and not necessarily related to @viridis problem.

@viridis i'm sorry if you have been asked these questions before as i don't want to offend, but are the cards you have been trying to use registered to the same address as the address on your account? (I understand this has been causing issues to some)

Yes excluding the nationwide 

I can see from the previous thread you have multiple accounts, are you still struggling to pay all of them?

I will be, at the moment I am dealing with 2 due accounts, the others arent due until beginning April but I will no doubt have problems then.

As for any credit file disputes, they are dealt with on a case by case basis and do advise that customers email in. Has anybody passed on this email address to you?

No

Apologies if i have missed anything here, i will come back with more updates as soon as i can.

Message 30 of 136