Did you mean: 

Cannot setup or cancel voice diverts

foobar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I'll make it short.

I cannot setup or cancel voice diverts -- the network is not allowing me to. The message depends on the handset but is along the lines of "Request not completed". Even ##002# results in the same response.

It's almost as if the call forwarding service is not provisioned for my account. But customer services insist that call forwarding is provisioned as standard on all accounts.

Customer services (always "busier than usual") have tried to escalate to the "technical team" a couple of times and the result was .... nothing. Except for my blood pressure going up when they told me that I hadn't waited long enough (I called back after 20 hours instead of 24....)

Anyone experienced anything similar?

And if so, how was it resolved?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@foobar 

Have you tried turning off wifi calling first?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9989 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@foobar 

What phone do you have, as that might help with the troubleshooting we can help with 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@foobar 

Have you tried turning off wifi calling first?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 14

foobar
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It doesn't matter what device I use, the result is the same. I tried various, old and new. It's something related to the account.

Mostly I use a Nokia 6310i. So no danger of Wifi calling there.

Message 4 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9989 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@foobar 

Good choice of a classic workhorse... 

Call Forwarding etc is a default service on all networks and is baked into the GSM standards so it should work...  I have tested this on a few phones as well Nokia 8850, Cosmo Communicator, iPhone etc and the code works on all the phones and on o2... 

Apart from an EE PAYG simcard......  You haven't ported from PAYG have you by anychance (just on the off chance)? 

The only thing I can think of is if it is a problem with the sim card which im surprised isn't what was first suggested, as that is what is used to pass the data to o2.... so might be worth investigating this option... 

As if its a deeper network issue with your account, it will need the Network Engineers it wont be a quick fix..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 14

foobar
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Actually I ported from EE Pay monthly. I've had this number since 1995 when it was 'Mercury one2one'.

I'm sure it has worked since I've been on O2. I only discovered that it wasn't working in the last two weeks.

The only non-standard thing is that back in June I asked O2 to enable 'Conference call access' (sometimes known as 3-way calling). I wonder if that screwed it....

Message 6 of 14

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @foobar did you manage to sort this one out yet?

Message 7 of 14

foobar
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not, I need to find a free hour's time to contact Customer Services. Again.

Not that it did much good the previous times.

They are always "busier than usual".

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 143439 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Let's ask @O2Emma to take a look at this for you @foobar 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

I will look into it no problem @MI5 😀

signature
Message 10 of 14