Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive calls

IMCaan
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

I'm new to O2 and ported-in my number from Three network on Monday 6/6/22. After three days, I can send and receive texts but I can't make or receive any calls.

I have contacted O2 online chat and as per their suggestion, I've rebooted the mobile numerous times, lightly cleaned and re-inserted the SIM.

Please could I have some help resolving this issue.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

IMCaan
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Swapping the card worked - it takes 24 hours for SIM swapping to be activated. It activated in the last hour.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

If your Three SIM is no longer working (Emergency calls only showing), then the problem will need a call to O2, @IMCaan - you know the way to contact them, and the Social Media links are below, and the O2 Sales Management team freefone is 0800 081 0255.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8

IMCaan
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you.

Read some other posts - oh boy...here we go

Message 3 of 8

IMCaan
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Three SIM is no longer working - It's showing Emergency calls only.

Contacted O2 customer service and they have assured me that porting-in is complete and all is working at O2 end.

They thought it may be faulty phone but my phone is working perfectly fine. I tried my son's O2 SIM and there are no issues.

Customer service then asked me to go to local O2 store and get a new o2 SIM and do a swap. So this is what I now intend to do.

Have to take afternoon off work to go to local O2 store - oh boy.

Message 4 of 8

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Nothing seems to go simply with O2 for some people these days, @IMCaan - hope you get a good Tech support person in the O2 shop! 🤞

Message 5 of 8

IMCaan
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've been to the local O2 store and have swapped the card but it still doesn't work. They said it could take up to  24 hours to activate.

Now, I can't even send or receive text messages and theirs no H+ signal.

The SIM card doesn't work. It's showing Emergency calls only. 

I'm restarting the mobile every hour or so, hoping, that it'll start working. 

The mobile displays a "SIM not provisioed for voice" message a few times after restarting the mobile.

Hopefully, the swapping will be activated within 24 hours and all will work. However, I don't think it will resolve the issue . Will see tomorrow.

Message 6 of 8

IMCaan
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Swapping the card worked - it takes 24 hours for SIM swapping to be activated. It activated in the last hour.

Message 7 of 8

pgn
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@IMCaan wrote:

That's great news, @IMCaan - thanks for the update! Good to know what root cause was. 👍

Message 8 of 8