cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot deactivate (turn off) voicemail using 1760

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Googling around I found the way to turn off the voicemail on my O2 pay monthly contract is to dial 1760 (dialing 1750 will supposedly turn it back on).

I am doing as told (there is even a youtube video to show you the complicated procedure) but my voicemail is still on. I simpl ysee "dialing" and then "call ended" on my iPhone 5.

Can somebody please explain me how to deactivate the O2 voicemail feature?

Thanks!

Community_STS_PAC2.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

If you have or previosuly had TuGo on your device it will cause issues with activating and deactivation voicemail.

If you still have it installed load it up and sign in if neccessary - head to settings, turn voicemail off, if you are not planning on using TuGo in furture then you are free to deactivate your TuGo account from here.

If you do not have the app any more simply head to your app store, install and repeat the above.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

If you have or previosuly had TuGo on your device it will cause issues with activating and deactivation voicemail.

If you still have it installed load it up and sign in if neccessary - head to settings, turn voicemail off, if you are not planning on using TuGo in furture then you are free to deactivate your TuGo account from here.

If you do not have the app any more simply head to your app store, install and repeat the above.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Try 176002 to turn off and 175002 to switch on.

Failing that call/dial  ##002# to cancel all diverts.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks this did it!

Re-installed TuGO and logged into my account, went to settings > Voicemail off and the back and to account > Delete account.

I still called 1760 and no reply or anything from that number (I understand you should her a message saying "your voicemail is off now"). That didn't happen but the voicemail is off so all good!

Message 4 of 4