Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create an MMS on Iphone following 13.1.2 update

Minime7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just updated my Iphone SE to 13.1.2 and I am unable to create a new MMS message.  The blue box to create a new message does not react when I press it so I cannot select a contact to send a message to.  Please note - I do not have IMessage on on my phone.  I only use MMS.  Been through all the possibilities with Apple!  It's been suggested that it may be something to do with the phone carrier?  Anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Minime7 

Firstly I assume you have both MMS turned on and subject line enabled in message settings?

The only thing in the carrier settings that would effect it would be your apn, so check you have "idata.o2.co.uk" set.

Incidentally, does visual voicemail work? If not, you may not have iData enabled, so give customer service a call to check if you have iData for iPhone enabled on your account.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Minime7
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I have MMS turned on and have just turned on my Subject Field but it still doesn't work. I still can't create a message.  I don't know what visual voicemail is.  I don't use voicemail.  How do I find out where to check if "idata.o2.co.uk" is set?  If all else fails I will speak to customer service at O2.  Many thanks and Regards

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Minime7 

Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Minime7
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply again.  Yes, under the MMS section it does show idata.o2.co.uk, with a user name (that is not known to me) and a password (that is not known to me) followed by MMSC and MMS Proxy and MMS Message Size and MMS UA Prof URL.  It's all a bit much for me!!!!  Thanks for you patience.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Minime7 

That sounds OK.

Can you connect to iTunes on your PC or laptop as this may update your carrier settings.

I'd also call customer service on 202 to check if iData is actually enabled on your account, as it may not be.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Minime7
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks again.  I will give it a try and will ring O2 tomorrow.  

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know how it goes please.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Minime7
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply.  No, I haven't managed to fix the problem.  I have done everything you suggested and have spoken to my phone provider who transferred me to Apple. All they suggested was to restore the phone which I was reluctant to do. I am still unable to press the 'blue box' to create a new MMS/SMS message.  For information, I do not use voicemail or iMessage on my phone.  I will have to wait to see if anyone else has the same problem or Apple fix the bug.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Minime7 

Have you checked in Settings >Messages >Send and receive and where it says "start new conversations from" does it have your phone number ticked?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10