Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate 4G Calls

TonyS
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just moved to O2 and I'm checking my iPhone 8 Plus settings. I tried to turn on VoLTE to enable 4G calling, but a pop up tells me...

Cannot Activate 4G Calls

To enable 4G calls on this account, contact O2.

In MyO2 there is no link to Device Settings, which other people on the community have suggested going to. It doesn't make sense for this not to be enabled by default.

Do I really have to spend time calling Customer Services to get this basic feature turned on for my account?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TonyS 

It needs to be enabled by O2 first, and also iData needs to be enabled, then you need to do it in your MyO2 

wifi on.JPG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@TonyS 

It needs to be enabled by O2 first, and also iData needs to be enabled, then you need to do it in your MyO2 

wifi on.JPG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2