Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling o2 refresh right away

Fraz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just taken out an o2 refresh contract of just one month and paid off the phone up front. I want to cancel that contract right away so just pay for one month's use. I've just spoke to someone on the live chat and they say that's not possible, either cancel right away under the first 14 days rule or wait 14 days to give 30 days notice meaning pay for two months.
I wanted to try o2 for a month in the area that I work to see if it would work for me, but I don't want to have to pay for two months if it doesn't.
Can anyone advise please?
Thanks
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You do need to wait the 14 days, otherwise its just a change of mind. After the 14 days just give 30 days notice of text PAC to 65075 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Fraz 

I'm not sure why live chat are quoting 30 days as this isn't allowed under the new OFCOM regs. 

Just pay the device plan fully and cancel the ortime immediately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Fraz Why didn't you just get a Pay & Go sim and try it in your area before committing to a contract?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 13

Fraz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I did it this way because of the good offer they had on the Huawei mate 20 Pro I thought it would be fine.
Message 5 of 13

Fraz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 thanks for your reply, I'll get back onto them again shortly.
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Fraz wrote:
@MI5thanks for your reply, I'll get back onto them again shortly.

You can quote them this part of the regs @Fraz 

Under the new process your old supplier can no longer charge you a notice period for leaving and your old service will terminate automatically on the date arranged with your new network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

Fraz
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@jonsie I've just been reading that link you posted. Do I no longer need to give 30 days notice? So if I wait the 14 days then tell them I want to cancel I'll still only have to pay for the first month?
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fraz 

If you want to keep your number, use the PAC and wait for it to transfer as the SIM you are transferring from must be live for a number port to take place.

They aren't permitted to charge after your switch date, see https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/text-to...

Message 10 of 13