Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my contract

Brendan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My name is Brendan. I recently paid off my pay monthly contract with O2 for the mobile number xxxxxxxxxxxx. I have since been charged money via direct debit. I do not understand how I could've been charged money from O2 having already paid off the contract?

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122386 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Brendan

You may well have had some extra days to pay. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

However, we have no access to your account so you should ring customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to ask you to remove your phone number as this is a public forum...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122386 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Brendan

You may well have had some extra days to pay. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

However, we have no access to your account so you should ring customer services https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to ask you to remove your phone number as this is a public forum...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There is always one more bill after the end of the contract which is most likely not a full month but if it is, call to check it’s been cancelled.
You also need to edit your personal details as the forum is public..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Brendan, and welcome to the forum Wave I hope the information above helped you, but please do let us know if you have any additional questions!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

A final bill should be triggered when you give notice to cancel but I would give this piece of advice to @Brendan and indeed anyone dealing with a pay monthly contract on any UK provider.

Until the final bill has been collected don't be tempted to ask your bank to cancel the DD mandate or to do it yourself via online banking.

Operators are quite happy to slap a default on your credit file if they are unable to collect the final bill via DD and it can be a nightmare to get them to reverse this.

My preferred route (which will cost you a tenner if you want to ditch the number) is to activate a PAYG sim on another network/service provider, get your PAC from the network you are leaving (don't mention the word cancel) and transfer it to the PAYG SIM.

Once the transfer goes through it'll cause the production of your final bill (provided you are outside your contract term or have paid it off).

You can then ditch the SIM (I'd recommend shredding it) or put it somewhere, it'll expire in around 180 days.

Message 5 of 5