cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my contract but it isn't within the 30 days notice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.
My contract is a 24 month one and the contract renewal date is for the 29th of this month but I didn't realise that I had to give a 30 day notice on cancellin' my contract and I would like to cancel it before then. Only because I've seen a new phone for a better deal slight_smile

How would I go about cancellin' it and would I incur a fee because I haven't given 30 days? Also would my contract end on the date it's supposed to get renewed or would it become a rollin' contract because I haven't given 30 days?
This is my 1st contract phone so I don't really know the procedures of what comes with cancellin' it so I am soo confused.

Help please! Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It becomes a rolling 30 day contract automatically. You will have to pay for a further 30 days but you can request your PAC and use it on another network. This will close your account and generate your final bill. You don't have to wait 30 days, just pay for it, if you see what I mean....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You need to call them and give 30 days notice otherwise your contract rolls on a monthly basis. O2 will send you an amended finalised bill for any part of the month you have/have not used. Call them tomorrow and you will have to pay this months bill and then up to the 14th of December.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
So if I understand you correctly. All I have to do is ring o2 tomorrow requestin' that I want to cancel my contract and all I have to pay is this months bill and the 30 days rollin' monthly bill because I didn't tell them before my contract renewal date and my account will close?
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Yes that's right but don't cancel your direct debit until you have paid the final bill.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I do kinda get what you mean but what if I don't want my PAC code? {My own private issues with my number so I want to start anew} slight_smile
What I don't understand is...you're tellin' me that if I do request for my PAC then I don't have to wait 30 days for my account to close? Is that what you mean?
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Once you use your PAC to switch your number the account will immediately close. If you don't want the number just give notice and the account will lapse in 30 days from the end of your minimum term.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, thank you very much. I was slightly worried what would happen because of the 30 days notice thing but I am more assured now slight_smile
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Right okay. The thing is I haven't set up a contract with another provider as of yet because of this whole malarky I've got myself into so how long does a PAC code last for?
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

30 days and if it expires nothing happens if you don't use it. You can request another one if you so wish after it expires but if you don't want the number, just give notice as you don't need the PAC.

Message 10 of 12