Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Cancelling my contract!! 12months early

samsung tocco phone is awful and o2 customer service is just as bad, vodafone have offered me a new contract better deal better phone, although its going to cost me £450 to cancel my o2 phone they do not tryand keep u on with there service or offer you a better phone if they did i may stay, so what i want to know how long does it take my account to be debited of this £450 on recieving my cancellation
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hmmm... Is it really worth paying £450?

I'm sure a detailed letter to Complaints about CS, the phone, and generally how *** off you are, they will be able to sort something out on this ocassion.

New Phone? Credit on your Contract?? Something along those lines...
Highlighted
Anonymous

you also will have a warranty with your handset, so you will be entitled to a repair under warranty, but they will need to send your handset away. Your T&C's do state that after 28days your phone is then under warranty, so any faults will be repaired. what is the problem it is having?
Highlighted
Anonymous

mate do you know if the samsung tocco ultra is unlocked? if you have done please message me or reply Smiley Happy cheers
Highlighted
Anonymous

I agree with llc1988 - the Tocco Ultra is truly horrible, and o2 are just not interested. Neither are Samsung.

The phone is probably not faulty, it seems to me as though they have (yet again) rushed the phone out before it is ready. It is so full of horrible errors and so un-user friendly! Samsung say that all of the things I hate are 'Features of the phone'!!!

O2 have so few decent phones to choose from that even if I send mine back, I'll have to pick something old to get it for free. I'm on a £35 tarif and they still want £250 for an N96, even when I threaten to cancel.

My Tocco Ultra is going on ebay this week, and then I'll buy the tried and tested N96
Highlighted
Anonymous

Why do people get so worked up over a mobile phone?

Surely there are more important things in life other than what Vodafone are offering and what O2 aren't?

Bottom line is that O2 is a business, you came to O2 and you decided to have a Tocco - now you're expecting O2 to change your phone at their expense!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Why do people get so worked up over a mobile phone?
Surely there are more important things in life other than what Vodafone are offering and what O2 aren't?
Bottom line is that O2 is a business, you came to O2 and you decided to have a Tocco - now you're expecting O2 to change your phone at their expense!

agreed.

Also they give 14 days to review the handset, which is ample time to decide if you like it or not. I played with the Ultra for about 4 minutes and knew I didn't like it. And why should o2 be interested? They're just the sellers of an item that customers want. I expect Argos sell things that are pretty naff but the customers would be complaining if they didn't sell it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

OP, you shock me :mansurprised:

Happy to pay £450 to get out of a contract just because you've picked a phone you didn't like?

o2 just sell the phone just like any other retailer, it's only their responsibility if it turns out to be faulty. As previous posters correctly state you have 14 days in which to return the phone if it's not to your liking. That's plenty of time to form an opinion.

It's not o2's responsibility to ensure you like the phone you've chose to buy. Just sell it and buy something else - it'll work out so much cheaper than cancelling your contract.

If it is faulty however, yes, o2 should arrange to have it repaired.

SV
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

You havnt really said what is wrong with the phone?

I also cant say the same with o2 customer care.

I fine the customer care extremely good, Most of them are helpful, polite.

However if you are asking o2 to take the phone back because you dont like it, then can i ask why you think they should.

For example, if you bought a tv from a electrical shop and used it for 6 months and then took it back saying you dont like it, they would say well im sorry but its your tv not ours and we cant help you.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi

You stated that you were unhappy with O2 customer services and that you were going over to Vodafone. Can I give you some advice as a current VF customer?

VF Customer Services (telephone) is abysmal. People consistently wait for up to and often over an hour for a reply, and many have stated that the staff who answer the calls are unhelpful, rude and just push you from one dept to another until the line cuts off. I have experienced this for myself. I also am an O2 customer and have to say that for telephone customer services, O2 is far superior to VF.

The only good thing about VF support are the guys and girls on the VF eForum. The staff on there are very very helpful. Have a look at the VF forum and read the comments on how bad the VF customer services by phone is.