cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling my O2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have recently moved abroad and want to cancel my O2 contract as it costs too much to retain my UK number. I have tried the on line chat and after being told that they would transfer me to the recontract team I was cut off after waiting 10 minutes and now the chat line if offline. I have then tried phoning and deputy being told the line opens at 8.00a.m when I get through I am then told it does not open until to 10.00. All I want to do is to cancel my account and all I am getting is being sent round in circles. Can anybody tell me how to cancel my account??
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You have to do this through Customer Services as you are abroad. They will advise you of outstanding balances you need to settle up before cancelling. Please do not use Live Chat for this. They do not have a good record with any account based issues

If you have access to a landline this is the number you should try when they open

From abroad +44 3448090202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

You have to do this through Customer Services as you are abroad. They will advise you of outstanding balances you need to settle up before cancelling. Please do not use Live Chat for this. They do not have a good record with any account based issues

If you have access to a landline this is the number you should try when they open

From abroad +44 3448090202

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous please do not use Live Chat for this. Firstly they are unable to close your account and secondly they WILL make a right pigs ear of it.

Please do call customer services, be prepared for a wait of up to an hour for cancellations based on feedback from other members. Best time to call us early in the morning, between 8 and 10 am uk time.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time, but the best way  is after 10.00, ring customer services and they will go trough all details with you, like charges,final  bill etc...

Edit: at 10.00 it will not be busy

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As you are aware now, there is no easy way to cancel when you are overseas. Your only option is to call the free number and be patient. Leave the direct debit in place if that's how you pay until you get a zero bill. I presume you don't want to keep the number if you live overseas now so a PAC isn't necessary.

Message 5 of 5