Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling during the Cooling off period

SLG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I have had a nightmare dealing with 02 customer service over the last few days. I upgraded to a Google Pixel 6 and was told that it would be delivered to store the next day. How wrong was I? It turns out that after me speaking to several different people, the device is on a back order and they have no idea when it will get to store. This is after I've activated my free Disney+ too. I have told them to cancel the order (I'm within 14days) so I can go and collect a device from inshore myself. My question is do they cancel the airtime too aswell as the device and what happens fo the free Disney+? I presume I get charged for that until a new extra is applied with the new order. Once the device plan is cancelled, surely I can go along to the shop and finally get my new phone? Its been one big nightmare and such poor customer service from o2 themselves. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @SLG 

The process for returning a device within the cooling off period is here.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device 

Once it's been returned and you have received all monies due to you, you can get the phone from anywhere else. It also cancels the airtime as well.

Hope that helps.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

SLG
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Does it still cancel the airtime if its a refresh contract as they're 2 separate agreements. Customer service have cancelled the device agreement and said it takes 24hrs to show on my02 and I haven't a phone to return either. I'm hoping once the device agreement drops off myO2, I can go into store and collect one as they've put one to one side for me to get tomorrow. I also paid nothing upfront apart from paying off my previous device so I could upgrade early. 

Message 3 of 6

SLG
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Another update: 

I was told the order was cancelled however , its now listed in MyO2 as completed. I rung Customer Services yet again to be told it was at the store. If it is, great but I don't think it is. I feel like I'm going round in circles. It's ridiculous! I'm desperate for someone to help me on this. 

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122358 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SLG 
If you've cancelled this will include the airtime as well.  The only way to find out if it's instore is to give them a call. Like you, I doubt it is.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

SLG
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for replying. All I want is the phone or them to cancel it so I can get the phone myself but I'm tired of being told different things and going round in circles and it's getting me nowhere. I'm hoping that I can speak to a manager tomorrow so it can get sorted once and for all as the stress is making me ill. 

Message 6 of 6